With support from the European Regional Fund, access2innovation has secured a new round of financing to support up to 10 innovative partnerships within the programme “Partnership Driven Innovation for the East African Growth Markets” (PIVØ).
The programme is targeting Danish Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) that in partnership with research institutions can develop new innovative products and solutions to the East African growth markets. This with a dedicated focus on sustainable energy, agribusiness, water, waste management, housing and IT.
Each partnership must as a minimum consist of two Danish SMEs and a Danish research institution in order to obtain support for phase 1 (concept development) and phase 2 (prototype development and test). Total funding for each partnership is DKK 500,000. Danish NGOs and larger enterprises can participate in the partnership but are not allowed to receive financial support.
Requirements for participation are the following:
- SMEs must have a positive equity as well as the organizational capacity to complete the project
- 30 % of the grant must be used for active participation of researchers from Danish universities
- Potential products and solutions must be scalable and new to either the SME or market
- SMEs must contribute with co-funding in terms of man-hours
- Partnerships must provide qualified estimates of anticipated increase in Danish workplaces and revenue for the next 0-2 years and 2-5 years
For additional information feel free to contact:
Guidelines, application format and other relevant information, including EU regulations, can be found at the following link: Information and application format.